Blog Authors are employed or involved with Polyface. However, posts will cover a large genre of topics. Statements, ideas and opinions may differ somewhat from practices, beliefs and vision of Polyface.
Heather enjoys gardening, farming, cooking, crocheting, embroidery, and being with family and friends.
Leanna enjoys farming, gardening, knitting, spinning, baking, and anything that has to do with the homesteading lifestyle.
Sheri enjoys family, reading, writing, baking, quilting, scrapbooking, knitting, gardening, canning, and is very active in her church.
Susan enjoys music, hiking, tending animals, gathering flowers and berries, fermenting, cooking, and making cheese.
Connecting Experience, Education and Enthusiasm in Farming.
- Growing Season Internships at Heart 2 Heart Farms February 16, 2018
- Calypso's Farm Educator February 13, 2018
- Former Polyface Apprentice seeking an eager Apprentice February 12, 2018
- A small (20 acres) homestead farm needs help. Learn self-sustainability. Learn to be a farm manager. February 8, 2018
- Growing farm seeks enthusiastic grower to take it into the future February 8, 2018
- Looking for Land to Lease or Business Partnership January 29, 2018
Started Oct 3, 2011
Tag Archives: Spring
Our babies are doing well and growing like weeds! Jonathan (JAK) is taking care of the chicks on a daily basis. Daily chores for the chicks include making sure all of the heaters stay lit so that the chicks don’t get cold. Making sure the chicks have feed and water at all times is also … Read the Rest
Anticipation was brimming despite the drizzling rain as Miriam called the post office early in the morning… “Hello?” “Hi Heather, this is Miriam.” “Hey, I was just going to call you! Your chicks are here! They’re so cute, I peaked at a couple of them!” Daniel and we three apprentices (Jonathan, Miriam, and I) went to … Read the Rest
…or Preparing For Baby – Part One As snow melts away and shoots of green pop up among the tufts of dormant brown grass, the hint of warmer Spring weather always brings with it a sense of anticipation. I find the synonyms of “anticipation” interesting : hope, joy, prospect and apprehension. Indeed anticipation holds all … Read the Rest