Blog Authors are employed or involved with Polyface. However, posts will cover a large genre of topics. Statements, ideas and opinions may differ somewhat from practices, beliefs and vision of Polyface.
Heather enjoys gardening, farming, cooking, crocheting, embroidery, and being with family and friends.
Leanna enjoys farming, gardening, knitting, spinning, baking, and anything that has to do with the homesteading lifestyle.
Sheri enjoys family, reading, writing, baking, quilting, scrapbooking, knitting, gardening, canning, and is very active in her church.
Susan enjoys music, hiking, tending animals, gathering flowers and berries, fermenting, cooking, and making cheese.
Connecting Experience, Education and Enthusiasm in Farming.
- Growing Season Internships at Heart 2 Heart Farms February 16, 2018
- Calypso's Farm Educator February 13, 2018
- Former Polyface Apprentice seeking an eager Apprentice February 12, 2018
- A small (20 acres) homestead farm needs help. Learn self-sustainability. Learn to be a farm manager. February 8, 2018
- Growing farm seeks enthusiastic grower to take it into the future February 8, 2018
- Looking for Land to Lease or Business Partnership January 29, 2018
Started Oct 3, 2011
Tag Archives: maple syrup
Last week we had dinner at a friend’s house and we brought dessert. 🙂 Even though it had snowed that day I couldn’t resist making something cold and sweet! With all the maple syrup we have been boiling down, this recipe was on my mind. Maple pecan ice cream is simply delicious! Enjoy! Maple Pecan … Read the Rest
I wouldn’t have thought with the start we had to winter, 5 inches of snow the day before Thanksgiving, that by the middle of January we would be setting buckets out and preparing for another season of sugaring! But that is exactly what is happening around here. The weather forecast looks just about perfect, so … Read the Rest
So, after we have all the trees tapped it is just a matter of waiting for the sugar water to start flowing. This year we had a fairly long season, thanks to the weather being colder longer. When the nights are freezing and the days are above freezing with little wind we were collecting our … Read the Rest