Blog Authors are employed or involved with Polyface. However, posts will cover a large genre of topics. Statements, ideas and opinions may differ somewhat from practices, beliefs and vision of Polyface.
Heather enjoys gardening, farming, cooking, crocheting, embroidery, and being with family and friends.
Leanna enjoys farming, gardening, knitting, spinning, baking, and anything that has to do with the homesteading lifestyle.
Sheri enjoys family, reading, writing, baking, quilting, scrapbooking, knitting, gardening, canning, and is very active in her church.
Susan enjoys music, hiking, tending animals, gathering flowers and berries, fermenting, cooking, and making cheese.
Connecting Experience, Education and Enthusiasm in Farming.
- Flexible and Diverse Farming and Pizza Making Internship February 19, 2017
- Intern Opportunity on Diverse Farm in Louisiana February 15, 2017
- Central VA Raw Dairy and Grassfed Meat Farm Offering Internship February 15, 2017
- Whiffletree Farm Seeks Summer Interns February 13, 2017
- Build diverse farm for the community February 13, 2017
- Experienced livestock/orchard manager looking for next step February 13, 2017
- Bookkeeping & Business Development January 3, 2017
- Dedicated livestock person looking for a position December 12, 2016
Started Oct 3, 2011
Tag Archives: hoop house
Well, folks, here we are!… at the end of the road for my morning chore routine (unless you count feeding our dog, Michael… I do that after I’m done in the hoop houses 🙂 ). We’ve made it through the pullets and roosters of hoop house 3. Last week, we met the layers in the … Read the Rest
So, if you’ve been following me for the past “few” weeks (sorry I missed a couple weeks in there!… life as an apprentice is buuu-sssyyy), you’ll know that we’re taking a peek into my every day chore routine. We’ve made it through hoop house 3, and today, we get to look at hoop house 4! … Read the Rest
I just know that the anticipation has been growing since last week to find out what else is living in hoop house 3. Well, folks, may your anxiousness subside for it is Tuesday once again! And today this “secret” is to be revealed… …the pullet’s neighbors are… …drum roll please… …Roosters! I hope that … Read the Rest
Life on the farm is full of variety! This summer, as an intern, I learned quickly that each new day is an adventure. Being the spontaneous type myself, this was something that brought a smile to my face. However, there are some things that are pretty routine around here… chores probably being the most prominent. … Read the Rest