Blog Authors are employed or involved with Polyface. However, posts will cover a large genre of topics. Statements, ideas and opinions may differ somewhat from practices, beliefs and vision of Polyface.
Heather enjoys gardening, farming, cooking, crocheting, embroidery, and being with family and friends.
Leanna enjoys farming, gardening, knitting, spinning, baking, and anything that has to do with the homesteading lifestyle.
Sheri enjoys family, reading, writing, baking, quilting, scrapbooking, knitting, gardening, canning, and is very active in her church.
Susan enjoys music, hiking, tending animals, gathering flowers and berries, fermenting, cooking, and making cheese.
Connecting Experience, Education and Enthusiasm in Farming.
- HEY POLYFACE TRIBE MEMBERS: THIS SYSTEM WANTS YOU: November 21, 2017
- Central VA Raw Dairy and Grassfed Meat Farm Offering Internship November 21, 2017
- Farm needs help/sustainable farmer November 14, 2017
- Full Time Packer/Sorter November 9, 2017
- Lead Packer/Sorter November 9, 2017
- Looking for grazing lease November 9, 2017
- Looking to learn farming; young aspiring future farmer wanting to just get started! August 15, 2017
Started Oct 3, 2011
Tag Archives: Hay Season
This post is a little late in coming, but I’m still just as excited… Our first cutting of hay is complete – both here at Polyface and on our rental farms! On Polyface we made mostly small square bales. We started this year with our barn completely empty and have filled it to the top. … Read the Rest
It’s hay season on the farm. The last couple of weeks we made all of the hay here on Polyface proper and this week, they’ve been making hay on one of our rental farms. Hay season is the time that I become a widow for a while (and also hunting season, but that’s another story … Read the Rest