Blog Authors are employed or involved with Polyface. However, posts will cover a large genre of topics. Statements, ideas and opinions may differ somewhat from practices, beliefs and vision of Polyface.
Heather enjoys gardening, farming, cooking, crocheting, embroidery, and being with family and friends.
Leanna enjoys farming, gardening, knitting, spinning, baking, and anything that has to do with the homesteading lifestyle.
Sheri enjoys family, reading, writing, baking, quilting, scrapbooking, knitting, gardening, canning, and is very active in her church.
Susan enjoys music, hiking, tending animals, gathering flowers and berries, fermenting, cooking, and making cheese.
Connecting Experience, Education and Enthusiasm in Farming.
- Flexible and Diverse Farming and Pizza Making Internship February 19, 2017
- Intern Opportunity on Diverse Farm in Louisiana February 15, 2017
- Central VA Raw Dairy and Grassfed Meat Farm Offering Internship February 15, 2017
- Whiffletree Farm Seeks Summer Interns February 13, 2017
- Build diverse farm for the community February 13, 2017
- Experienced livestock/orchard manager looking for next step February 13, 2017
- Bookkeeping & Business Development January 3, 2017
- Dedicated livestock person looking for a position December 12, 2016
Started Oct 3, 2011
Tag Archives: GMO
“…GMOs are genetically altered beings. Now that the clever human mind has been able to learn about DNA and peer into the genetic code, we can splice genetic material from one species into another. In other words, we can take a trait from a pig and put it into tomatoes. … Aren’t we clever? … … Read the Rest
“What would you do in the following situation? You are a tomato farmer whose crops are threatened by a persistent species of beetle. Each year, you spend large sums of money for chemical pesticides to protect your crops. A biotechnology company introduces a new strain of tomato plant that produces a natural pesticide, making … Read the Rest
Vermont’s law – Act 120 – will require food containing genetically engineered ingredients to be labeled, effective July 1, 2016. To many, this is fantastic news! On the surface, this seems like a giant leap for mankind! Products containing genetically modified organisms/genetically engineered products will soon be labeled for all to see and know! GMOs are a … Read the Rest