Blog Authors are employed or involved with Polyface. However, posts will cover a large genre of topics. Statements, ideas and opinions may differ somewhat from practices, beliefs and vision of Polyface.
Heather enjoys gardening, farming, cooking, crocheting, embroidery, and being with family and friends.
Leanna enjoys farming, gardening, knitting, spinning, baking, and anything that has to do with the homesteading lifestyle.
Sheri enjoys family, reading, writing, baking, quilting, scrapbooking, knitting, gardening, canning, and is very active in her church.
Susan enjoys music, hiking, tending animals, gathering flowers and berries, fermenting, cooking, and making cheese.
Connecting Experience, Education and Enthusiasm in Farming.
- Field Manager Wanted - Pittstown, NJ - Organic vegetable production March 11, 2017
- student/apprentice March 10, 2017
- CSA Manager Internship March 10, 2017
- Leading and innovative grass farm, Looking for dynamic eager to learn interns March 8, 2017
- Picker Seasonal March 8, 2017
- A Virtual Bookkeeper Specializing in Regenerative and Sustainable Farms March 13, 2017
- Experienced livestock/orchard manager looking for next step March 10, 2017
- Husband/wife team looking to help and learn March 8, 2017
- Bookkeeping & Business Development January 3, 2017
Started Oct 3, 2011
Tag Archives: GMO
“…GMOs are genetically altered beings. Now that the clever human mind has been able to learn about DNA and peer into the genetic code, we can splice genetic material from one species into another. In other words, we can take a trait from a pig and put it into tomatoes. … Aren’t we clever? … … Read the Rest
“What would you do in the following situation? You are a tomato farmer whose crops are threatened by a persistent species of beetle. Each year, you spend large sums of money for chemical pesticides to protect your crops. A biotechnology company introduces a new strain of tomato plant that produces a natural pesticide, making … Read the Rest
Vermont’s law – Act 120 – will require food containing genetically engineered ingredients to be labeled, effective July 1, 2016. To many, this is fantastic news! On the surface, this seems like a giant leap for mankind! Products containing genetically modified organisms/genetically engineered products will soon be labeled for all to see and know! GMOs are a … Read the Rest