Blog Authors are employed or involved with Polyface. However, posts will cover a large genre of topics. Statements, ideas and opinions may differ somewhat from practices, beliefs and vision of Polyface.
Heather enjoys gardening, farming, cooking, crocheting, embroidery, and being with family and friends.
Leanna enjoys farming, gardening, knitting, spinning, baking, and anything that has to do with the homesteading lifestyle.
Sheri enjoys family, reading, writing, baking, quilting, scrapbooking, knitting, gardening, canning, and is very active in her church.
Susan enjoys music, hiking, tending animals, gathering flowers and berries, fermenting, cooking, and making cheese.
Connecting Experience, Education and Enthusiasm in Farming.
- Flexible and Diverse Farming and Pizza Making Internship February 19, 2017
- Intern Opportunity on Diverse Farm in Louisiana February 15, 2017
- Central VA Raw Dairy and Grassfed Meat Farm Offering Internship February 15, 2017
- Whiffletree Farm Seeks Summer Interns February 13, 2017
- Build diverse farm for the community February 13, 2017
- Experienced livestock/orchard manager looking for next step February 13, 2017
- Bookkeeping & Business Development January 3, 2017
- Dedicated livestock person looking for a position December 12, 2016
Started Oct 3, 2011
Tag Archives: gluten-free
On busy summer mornings, this tends to be my go-to breakfast. It’s gluten free and all you have to do is add milk or yogurt and fruit! Delicious! My go-to egg/sausage dish is here. Homemade Granola 7 cups oats 1/2 cup brown sugar 1/2 cup sunflower seeds 1/2 cup sliced almonds 1 cup coconut 1 … Read the Rest
Pumpkin Muffins! A family favorite. Beat in large bowl until smooth: 4 eggs 3 cups sugar 1 – 16 oz can pumpkin (or 2 cups pureed cooked pumpkin) 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil (or applesauce) Sift together and add to pumpkin mixture: 3 cups flour (use Gluten Free All Purpose flour) 2 tsp baking soda … Read the Rest
Yes, I know that by the title of this post, you are already expecting me to be an expert at this. I want to start with an immediate disclaimer: I’m not! I still consider myself very much a novice at baking gluten free. However, in the past couple of months some of my very best … Read the Rest
These brownies have become my signature dessert. My family calls them “Sheri’s fudge brownies” even though the original recipe is not mine.When my son and I got off of all gluten about a year ago, I began converting my favorite recipes to gluten free.I’m still a novice at converting, but this one turned out quite … Read the Rest