Blog Authors are employed or involved with Polyface. However, posts will cover a large genre of topics. Statements, ideas and opinions may differ somewhat from practices, beliefs and vision of Polyface.
Heather enjoys gardening, farming, cooking, crocheting, embroidery, and being with family and friends.
Leanna enjoys farming, gardening, knitting, spinning, baking, and anything that has to do with the homesteading lifestyle.
Sheri enjoys family, reading, writing, baking, quilting, scrapbooking, knitting, gardening, canning, and is very active in her church.
Susan enjoys music, hiking, tending animals, gathering flowers and berries, fermenting, cooking, and making cheese.
Connecting Experience, Education and Enthusiasm in Farming.
- Flexible and Diverse Farming and Pizza Making Internship February 19, 2017
- Intern Opportunity on Diverse Farm in Louisiana February 15, 2017
- Central VA Raw Dairy and Grassfed Meat Farm Offering Internship February 15, 2017
- Whiffletree Farm Seeks Summer Interns February 13, 2017
- Build diverse farm for the community February 13, 2017
- Experienced livestock/orchard manager looking for next step February 13, 2017
- Bookkeeping & Business Development January 3, 2017
- Dedicated livestock person looking for a position December 12, 2016
Started Oct 3, 2011
Tag Archives: duck eggs
How to Cook Eggs in a Stainless Steel Pan.by Helen Dickey Put dry pan with lid on stove on medium-low heat.Let it heat up until butter will sizzle.Coat the bottom with sizzing butter by drawing on it with the butter stick.Put in 3 to 4 eggs. (Too many does not work well.)Cover and wait about … Read the Rest
Lemon Pie Bars 1 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened1 1/2 cup flour1/2 cup powdered sugar3 lightly beaten Polyface eggs1 1/2 cup sugar3 T lemon juice3 T flour Combine the first 3 ingredients. Press into 7×11 pan. Bake 20 minutes at 350. Blend other ingredients and pour over crust. Bake 20 minutes at 350. Sprinkle with … Read the Rest
Puffy Sweet Omelet2-4 servings 6 Polyface eggs, room temp, separated1/8 tsp salt1/8 tsp cream of tartar2 Tb sugar2 Tb unsalted butter2/3 cup cherry preserves (or sweet filling of your choice) Preheat oven to 350. Beat yolks in medium bowl until thick and lemon colored. Set aside. Beat egg whites with salt and cream of tartar … Read the Rest
Potato Basil Frittata 8 Tb unsalted butter, divided2 cups peeled and 1/2 inch diced boiling potatoes (about 4)8 large or 12 medium Polyface Eggs, or 8 medium J&L Green Farm Duck eggs15 oz ricotta cheese3/4 lb Gruyere cheese, grated1/2 tsp kosher salt1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper3/4 cup chopped fresh basil1/3 cup flour3/4 tsp baking powder … Read the Rest