Blog Authors are employed or involved with Polyface. However, posts will cover a large genre of topics. Statements, ideas and opinions may differ somewhat from practices, beliefs and vision of Polyface.
Heather enjoys gardening, farming, cooking, crocheting, embroidery, and being with family and friends.
Leanna enjoys farming, gardening, knitting, spinning, baking, and anything that has to do with the homesteading lifestyle.
Sheri enjoys family, reading, writing, baking, quilting, scrapbooking, knitting, gardening, canning, and is very active in her church.
Susan enjoys music, hiking, tending animals, gathering flowers and berries, fermenting, cooking, and making cheese.
Connecting Experience, Education and Enthusiasm in Farming.
- Flexible and Diverse Farming and Pizza Making Internship February 19, 2017
- Intern Opportunity on Diverse Farm in Louisiana February 15, 2017
- Central VA Raw Dairy and Grassfed Meat Farm Offering Internship February 15, 2017
- Whiffletree Farm Seeks Summer Interns February 13, 2017
- Build diverse farm for the community February 13, 2017
- Experienced livestock/orchard manager looking for next step February 13, 2017
- Bookkeeping & Business Development January 3, 2017
- Dedicated livestock person looking for a position December 12, 2016
Started Oct 3, 2011
Tag Archives: canning
[Disclaimer: So sorry that my post is on a similar topic to this past Sunday’s post! I wrote this before Sunday’s was published, so I hope y’all don’t mind a double helping of peaches! 😉 ] After being at Polyface over a year now, I’ve come to better experience – and enjoy! – eating produce … Read the Rest
Canning, canning and more canning!! Tomatoes, tomatoes, tomatoes!! Guess what I’ve been doing? I’ll give you three guesses. Ha! 😀 Leanna has grown more tomatoes than we know what to do with this year! They’re beautiful and amazing and absolutely PERFECT this year. 🙂 So to share some pictures of my preserving them for the … Read the Rest
We’re right in the middle of them. Monday and Tuesday marked our first of three this year. The next one is coming up this Monday and Tuesday and the final one is on Thursday and Friday Friday and Saturday of next week. From the staff point of view, this is lots of hosting, baking and … Read the Rest
Do you know those 80 lbs of tomatoes that Leanna was talking about in yesterday’s post? Well, I canned them yesterday. They made 28 quarts. There is something so rewarding about canning. I absolutely love it. It wasn’t always so. In fact as a young adult (okay, teenager) I was pretty intimidated by the pressure … Read the Rest