Blog Authors are employed or involved with Polyface. However, posts will cover a large genre of topics. Statements, ideas and opinions may differ somewhat from practices, beliefs and vision of Polyface.
Heather enjoys gardening, farming, cooking, crocheting, embroidery, and being with family and friends.
Leanna enjoys farming, gardening, knitting, spinning, baking, and anything that has to do with the homesteading lifestyle.
Sheri enjoys family, reading, writing, baking, quilting, scrapbooking, knitting, gardening, canning, and is very active in her church.
Susan enjoys music, hiking, tending animals, gathering flowers and berries, fermenting, cooking, and making cheese.
Connecting Experience, Education and Enthusiasm in Farming.
- Field Manager Wanted - Pittstown, NJ - Organic vegetable production March 11, 2017
- student/apprentice March 10, 2017
- CSA Manager Internship March 10, 2017
- Leading and innovative grass farm, Looking for dynamic eager to learn interns March 8, 2017
- Picker Seasonal March 8, 2017
- A Virtual Bookkeeper Specializing in Regenerative and Sustainable Farms March 13, 2017
- Experienced livestock/orchard manager looking for next step March 10, 2017
- Husband/wife team looking to help and learn March 8, 2017
- Bookkeeping & Business Development January 3, 2017
Started Oct 3, 2011
Tag Archives: Baking
Cooking (especially baking) really does bring me joy, just as the title of the iconic cookbook proclaims. When you use in season, fresh, local ingredients, beautiful dishes emerge. We are in peach season in the Shenandoah Valley. I have canned 21 quarts of peaches and 10 pints of peach butter, prepared peach puree for baby … Read the Rest
I know a lot of the ladies have posted recently about baking, but… You can’t have too much of a good thing when it comes to baking, right? 🙂 We’ve all heard the short “April showers bring May flowers” rhyme. Well, our April showers got here a little late – we’re getting them in May. … Read the Rest
Pumpkin Muffins! A family favorite. Beat in large bowl until smooth: 4 eggs 3 cups sugar 1 – 16 oz can pumpkin (or 2 cups pureed cooked pumpkin) 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil (or applesauce) Sift together and add to pumpkin mixture: 3 cups flour (use Gluten Free All Purpose flour) 2 tsp baking soda … Read the Rest
Yes, I know that by the title of this post, you are already expecting me to be an expert at this. I want to start with an immediate disclaimer: I’m not! I still consider myself very much a novice at baking gluten free. However, in the past couple of months some of my very best … Read the Rest