Blog Authors are employed or involved with Polyface. However, posts will cover a large genre of topics. Statements, ideas and opinions may differ somewhat from practices, beliefs and vision of Polyface.
Betsy enjoys her family, spending time outdoors, baking with her girls, crocheting, and reading.
Heather enjoys gardening, farming, cooking, crocheting, embroidery, and being with family and friends.
Leanna enjoys farming, gardening, knitting, spinning, baking, and anything that has to do with the homesteading lifestyle.
Sheri enjoys family, reading, writing, baking, sewing, scrapbooking, knitting, gardening, canning, and is very active in her church.
Susan enjoys music, hiking, tending animals, gathering flowers and berries, fermenting, cooking, and making cheese.
Tammy enjoys reading, writing, knitting, crochet, spending time with family and friends and watching her children learn and grow.
Connecting Experience, Education and Enthusiasm in Farming.
- Diversified Local Farm Seeks to Hire: CSA Manager / Assistant Grower March 2, 2015
- Fast Paced Internship in a Great Learning Environment March 2, 2015
- Cognito Farm is looking for Interns March 2, 2015
- Farmstead Cheese Dairy seeking Apprentice February 27, 2015
- Farmer Technical Assistant February 27, 2015
- Young Dependable Family of Four Looking to Work for Education January 19, 2015
- Family looking for farm opportunity January 15, 2015
Started Oct 3, 2011
Category Archives: Kristin
This week I’ve found some time for fun in the kitchen. Blackberries have come in full swing in our county and we’ve all been busy picking and baking and freezing our fruits. I like to store fruit in the freezers for making smoothies, pies or cobblers. To freeze fruit, lay it on a paper-towel lined … Read the Rest
Good morning! We’re headed over to Polyface in just a few minutes to help with Field Day today. Hope to see you there!
Lots of good stuff going on here at Green Light Farm! We’re happy to announce that our two interns, Bob and Chris, arrived a couple weeks ago! Bob (left) is from Rhode Island, and Chris (right) is from New Jersey. They’ll be here with us through September, and we are sure glad for their help! … Read the Rest
1. What inspires you? Good music, birds chirping in the morning, my sweet family, singing in a choir, good coffee, laughing together, the change of seasons, eye contact, a clean kitchen, stacks of folded laundry, the smell of lemongrass and peppermint, old houses, the beauty of nature, antique shops, to-do lists that are checked off. … Read the Rest
On Saturday, I always try to plan a simple meal for Sunday that I can prepare in the morning before we leave for church. I love coming home to a kitchen that already smells yummy! Here’s what we’ll be eating tomorrow: Orange Thyme Crock-Pot Chicken 1 can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed1/2 tsp. thymepinch of … Read the Rest
Hello all! I’m Kristin (with an “in”), nice to meet you! My husband Daniel and I manage Briarmoor, one of Polyface’s rental farms. For my first post I thought I would expound upon our journey to Virginia. In May 2005, my husband joined the military. In the fall of 2005, we discovered Joel’s book, “You … Read the Rest