Our own little flock of hens produce thirteen eggs nearly everyday. My fridge is filled with them.
Nicolaus suggested we bake a cake and I could not think of a better way to spend an afternoon. I have to admit sometimes I find it hard to surrender the kitchen to my little helpers. But the joy cooking with their mom brings them is so worth it. They love seeing how the ingredients combine to create something delicious.
Six Egg Pound Cake
1 1/2 cups butter
3 cups flour
2 1/2 cups sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup milk
- Grease and flour a tube or Bundt pan. Do not preheat oven.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well each time. add vanilla.
- Add flour mixture alternately with milk. Beat until smooth. Pour batter into tube or Bundt pan.
- Place cake into cold oven, set the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake for 60 to 90 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Top with confectioners sugar or glaze.
*recipe fromm allrecipes.com