Quilt Along Completed

Two weeks ago I posted about a Quilt Along that I was participating in.  April 2 marked the end and everyone was supposed to have the top of their quilt completed.

I’m excited to be able to tell you that

I DID IT!

My Queen/King Quilt top is complete.

Here are some pictures to catch you up to speed.

Here’s where I last left off:

photo1The next step was the block sides

Then came the corners

And finally putting all of the blocks together

With the sashing, came the completed quilt top.

My quilt measures 102″ x 102″.

I’m very happy to have completed it in time for this beautiful spring weather.

With the completion of this quilt, all winter projects have come to an end.

What was your winter project? Have you finished it or will it last through another season?

Happy Friday!

Sheri, Permalink

9 Responses to Quilt Along Completed

1. Ali says:

So beautiful!

2. Jess says:

Sheri, it is beautiful!

3. Penny says:

Wow! What a beautiful quilt! It’s breath taking! Congrats on getting it done before spring!

4. Wow! This quilt is amazing, such an inspiration. Beautiful work. Here down under we are at the start of Autumn and heading into winter. I have never done a big winter project before, so perhaps this year could be the first. I am currently working on a piece of bucks point lace.

5. Kristin says:

Wow! Just gorgeous. It looks stunning all put together!

6. Annie says:

Sherry, that is beautiful!!! I had to put mine aside, but I will do it.

7. Sarah says:

WOW! I’ve made a few quilts but always as gifts. I want one for my own bed one day.

8. Olivia Persinger says:

Great job! This is amazing!

Beautiful quilt. Now that nursing school is almost over (23 days to go) quilting and other nonschool projects can become a reality. I can’t wait! My winter project was building our raised bed garden. We just moved to our new farm last August so we were starting from scratch again with a new garden. We decided to go 100% raised beds this time. We put in 8 4ftx12ft beds along with a lot of 2×2’s, 3×3’s and a bunch of 25 gallon mineral pots turned into planters. We lucked out and connnected with some tree trimmers and they brought us a truck load of wood chips free so we are putting down cardboard then woodchips in all the isles between the beds. Hubby put up fencing around the garden to keep the livestock out (our waterfowl graze the main yard. Hubby also built me a greenhouse this winter so I am truely in gardeners heaven right now :)