It’s all in. 100% here or not at all. The only exception to not being here the whole time is funerals (and weddings of close family members).
Isn’t that the truth? I would dare to venture that expectations that aren’t met is quite possibly one of the number one reasons internships fail. What do you think?
Joel goes on to list the rules that we have made over the course of many years. I’m not going to list them here, because I really think you should buy the book if you’re interested in them. 😉
Anybody have anything to add to these?
We have 16 on our list, which ones would you keep? Which ones would you throw out?
Yes, I’m sure you can imagine the stories that go along with some of these. Indeed they were all made because of something. And some of these stories are very interesting, but I think I’ll leave it at that for now.
This chapter closes out with perks. The little extras that we put into the internship program. What is something extra that you have to offer?
Well, I’m going to leave it here this week.
Let’s take a quick poll: Are you all wanting to continue with this book? Are we going to slowly?
Should we move along a little faster? Do you have any questions that you want formally asked?
I certainly don’t want to bore you all, but if you’re interested we’ll certainly continue on.
Please pipe in! Your comments will keep me going!! 🙂
Until next time,
If you’re just tuning in, here’s what we’ve covered so far:
- Friday, November 8 – Discussion on Chapters 1 and 2 – “What’s the Big Deal?”
- Friday, November 15 – Discussions on Chapters 3 and 4 – “Especially for Mentors, Part 1”
- Friday, November 22 – Discussion on Chapters 5 and 6 – “Especially for Mentors, Part 2″
- Friday, January 10 – Discussion on Chapter 7 – “Especially for Interns, Part 1″
- Friday, January 17 – Discussion on Chapter 8 – “Especially for Interns, Part 2”
- Friday, January 24 – Discussion on Chapter 9 – “How It Works – Vetting and Selecting”