Fields of Farmers Discussion and Read-Along Schedule

Cover--Fields of FarmersIt sounds like we have enough of us interested in reading this book together to make it an interesting discussion.

So, here’s what I’m thinking for schedule:

Friday,  November 8 – Discussion on Chapters 1 and 2 – “What’s the Big Deal?” Section

Friday, November 15 – Discussions on Chapters 3 and 4 – “Especially for Mentors” Section

Friday, November 22 – Discussions on Chapters 5 and 6 – “Especially for Mentors” Section Completed

Skip Thanksgiving week. 🙂

And because December is always a busy holiday month, let’s break it down a little more:

Friday, December 6 – Chapter 7 – “Especially for Interns” Section

Friday, December 13 – Chapter 8 – “Especially for Interns” Section Completed

We’ll take the rest of December off and pick up in January with “How it Works” and February will focus on “Future Farming Success”.

Does this sound okay to you all? I know that life gets very busy around the holidays and I want everyone to have a chance to read the book as we go.

So, go read Chapters 1 and 2 and I’ll see you next week! 🙂 As you read the book, if you see any good discussion topics, come back to this post and let me know. I can add them into the post for the first two chapters.

If you have any specific questions for Joel, also post them below. I’ll try to see if we can get him to make a guest appearance on the Hen House at some point during our book read. 🙂

If you’re just visiting today, you can buy Fields of Farmers from Polyface here or Amazon here.

Hurray! We’re off!

Happy Friday!

P.S. Tomorrow is our 11th Wedding Anniversary! 🙂 Time flies when you’re married to your best friend.

Bride and Groom

Then

Now

Now

Sheri, Permalink

8 Responses to Fields of Farmers Discussion and Read-Along Schedule

1. Mellisa says:

What lovely pictures! Looking forward to reading the book. I got it (and got it signed) at the Mother Earth News fair!

2. Elizabeth says:

Congratulations! May the Lord give you too any more to count for His glory!

3. Katrina says:

Congratulations!

4. Patti says:

Sounds good to me! Happy Anniversary!

5. Abby H. says:

I have a possible discussion topic. I read the book, loved it! Gave our family a lot to mull over. This was touched on somewhat, but I think there have been more and more recent developments that might merit some further discussion. My daughter was interested in becoming a doctor, but with all these new government regulations, every doctor she meets is discouraging her from entering the profession, as it’s just not worth it anymore financially or otherwise. So one of my sons would be a fantastic farmer, but with all these regulations meant to centralize and factory-ize farming, is sustainable farming “sustainable”? Will local farming still enable families to earn a living wage as we slip further and further into centralization/statism/federal government control/USDA and FDA as police entities? Congrats on your anniversary!

Happy anniversary!

7. So nice to see this photos! Happy Anniversary.. God Bless you ..:)

8. Elfreda Estanol says:

I just love what you are doing and just bought the book and have to catch up. I lived on a farm for a few years as a child and loved it but my father was not serious about it and after two years we moved back to the city. My youngest son just moved onto his farm in Wash. State (Plowmansfarm.com) and will have 3-5 interns next year. His is a farm and ministry for returning veterans. Happy Anniversary and many more.