In an age when we are bombarded by celebrity antics in the news, yet increasingly disconnected from our farmers and food supply, thank goodness for the brilliant folks over at HandPicked Nation. Founders Staci Strauss and Craig McCord recently launched a campaign on the crowdfunding platform Indiegogo to bring meaningful stories of farmers and food to the masses.
My favorite line in their launch video?
“The only way we can get better quality food to everyone is to mainstream the idea. How do you mainstream the idea? You educate people. And how do you educate people? One way is to show them entertaining videos.”
Their genius idea is to raise funds to help produce 13 new HandPicked Stories all about the people who feed us.
And they need our help! Here are the campaign details and ways you can support their efforts to get these noteworthy food stories to the masses:
- The campaign runs through Friday May 10, 2013, 11:59PM (PT)
- There are several donation levels available, starting as low as $10 – and you get awesome swag as a THANK YOU for your donation!
- They are focusing these first 13 stories in and around the New England region, primarily in the Hudson Valley
- Producing these 13 short films will be beneficial to everyone involved:
- The folks involved in the handcrafted, small-batch way of producing food will have their story told in an educating and entertaining short film
- An audience, hungry to know more about real food, will receive valuable information in an entertaining, easy-to-digest way
- HandPickedNation.com will be able to build more engaging, relevant content to share