King Arthur Flour

A few weeks ago I had the fun opportunity to visit the King Arthur Flour company in Vermont! There is a baking school, cafe, and shop on the premises and I had a blast taking it all in. Here are some pictures to inspire all you bakers out there:

IMG_0158IMG_0160IMG_0173IMG_0162IMG_0166IMG_0171

About Brie Aronson

Brie Aronson came to Polyface from southern California. During college, she was diagnosed with food allergies and had to begin asking about the source of every single thing she put in her mouth. This led to an interest in all things food and she sought out a way to learn how it can be produced ethically and sustainably. Her desire is to help people shift their focus from counting calories, being intimidated by their kitchens, and being disconnected from the land to one that experiences the life-giving enjoyment of food. Having completed the internship in summer 2010, she now assists with the buying clubs and sales building, leads school tours of the farm, and will be the summer 2012 farm cook.
BriePermalink

8 Responses to King Arthur Flour

1. Lynn says:

What did you learn about King Arthur flour? I know it’s GMO free (wheat is not GMO… Yet, right?) anything else a conscious consumer may want to know?

2. Cyndi Lewis says:

Love their products! I use their flour most of the time!

3. Ted Crockett says:

You might be interested in the original Einkorn Wheat from 10-12.000 years ago- it isn’t gluten free if you need that. If you Google Einkorn Wheat you will get a link for Jovial in CT, who imports it from Northern Italy. If it meets your needs you can order it from the company in reasonable amounts with a discount and free postage, well under retail. Fine pasta too- again of course, if it meets your needs. We bake Einkorn bread- different but satisfying.

4. We don’t get their flour here (Western Canada), but the cookbook is amazing – full of great info about grain, flour, the science of baking – and of course recipes. I bet your tour was fascinating – baking school, wow!

5. Wow! Cool pictures! I use their flour, too. What a fun thing to get to do!

6. Lauren Mason says:

I know they are the only mass-production flour company that refuses to use potassium bromate in their product. That alone was enough to sell me on it.

I use their flour exclusively but buy it locally at Publix. I have ordered other things from them (and love their catalog). Even when they have a sale it is cheaper for me to buy King Arthur flour locally (Publix price $3.25 all varieties for a 5# bag, direct from KAF $4.95-5.95 depending on variety)

8. Pam O'Brien says:

Fun! Were you here for our big post-Christmas snow? I live just about 20 minutes down the highway from King Arthur. I’ve never done their baking class. What did you think of it?