It’s October!

First, WHERE did this year go?! Second, welcome to my favorite time of the year!

Even though the fall doesn’t include me and my siblings making giant leaf piles to jump into anymore, it’s still my favorite season! I love the crisp days, cold nights, and beautiful colors!

So, in honor of the first day of October, I thought I’d make a list of some of my favorite things about the fall:

• apple picking
  • wearing scarves
  • football
  • cooler weather
  • the leaves changing
  • pumpkin scented candles
  • camping
  • the thought that Christmas is only a few months away! (too soon?!…:) )

What are you favorite things about the fall?! Do you have any big plans?!

Happy Monday!

About Jill Powers

Jill Powers
JillPermalink

10 Responses to It’s October!

1. Angie says:

In Miami it was hot everyday and not much of a fall. But here in Downers Grove, Illinois I really can enjoy the fall. :0) I make and sell useful crafts like soap, jams, knits stuff like that sooo My plans are to go to as many Craft Shows as I can. I really do love it..We will also get the garden ready for next years growing buttttt.. CRAFT SHOWS IS ALL I’M THINKING ABOUT hehe :0) Hope you all have a fun fall (0:

2. I love to pick apples and one of my new favorite fruits, persimmons! Fall is beautiful. 🙂

3. colin J says:

It is a wonderful month. Apple cider, pumpkins, Halloween and other fall celebrations all mark a great time of year.

4. daisyglitters says:

It’s nice to be able to start being thankful for the heat produced in the kitchen while baking! I love Michigan State football, the fam looks forward to listening to the games on the radio this time of year. It’s also great to stock up the pantry with every kind of apple creation imaginable (and pumpkins, yummy!). I am always sad to see summer go, though. 🙁 Happy fall!

5. Barry Newman says:

i love the look of this place. i can’t wait until my place grows that good of grass. There has been a giant cosmic click for me over the last few weeks. i have been a believer for 35 years and it was only second to meeting Jesus as to how and why i need to grow better, greener, cleaner food. i planted some Dutch clover and Alfalfa and am looking for good grass seed for next year. So much i do not know yet. Thanx

6. Erin Herner says:

Wearing jeans and long sleaved shirts, apple cider, bonfires

Thankful for / Looking forward to..

– A break in the Florida heat
    – A less buggy fall garden
    – The promise of winter veggies (love Broccoli)
    – Cozy Sweaters and Flannels
    – An Evening Fire in the wood stove
    – University of Florida Football….. Go Gators!
    – Family Holidays

Oh but I could go on and on 🙂

8. Cyndi Lewis says:

I used to dislike fall but now that I live in west Michigan I really enjoy it. The trees are beautiful; the days are sunny, crisp and cool; sweaters and jeans can be worn; apples to turn into sauce, bread to bake; soup to make; holidays to start planning for; snow to anticipate!

9. Joe Hernandez says:

That beautiful picture you sent with the blog says it all. You can almost feel the cool fog hitting your face as you look for that last calf that didn’t come in with the rest. Boots and pant legs are cold & wet from the dew but you know it’ll be 75 by noon.

10. Alecia says:

I live in Southern California where the first day of October was 104 degrees. I decorated the house in fall colors, because fall is more of a state of mind here than an actual weather change. Not that I’m raggin on Cali, but life here is one huge suburban dump after another. I watch videos about farms like it’s a religion to study. I dream about what that life is within all five senses; what does it look, feel, taste, touch, smell like?
    I’ve had the same dream since I was a little girl – To have a small farm of my own. Now I’m married with two bio kids, and one adopted from Ethiopia. I have a nice house, on a nice street, within a controling HOA. I have a pool, a tiny dog, two cars. And yet…and yet….would I trade it for that dream? Yes, yes I would. But not just me…my husband would walk away from his perfect desk job for the chance too. But of course he’s the practical one. I say, “Let’s just go, let’s just do it.” And he says, “We don’t have the money, how would we live?”
    So the problem is this – How do you do that? How do you go somewhere you’ve never been, risk what little you’ve saved (And I literally mean LITTLE) and put your children in a place of uncertainty for a life that is so foreign to 99% of Americans? I could read a book but would that really get me there? We need someone to show us, teach us. And therein lies the problem, who nowadays offers to accept an ENTIRE FAMILY and teach them?
    Which is why, when I see these things about how the country needs new, young people willing to become farmers and yet there is no place to go to learn unless your a single person, I think, “Well dang!”
    Dreams crushed, but God is good, and if this is where I live then let me be content… And maybe there’s a farm someday in heaven with a little spot for me in it. : ) So, I’ll keep moving along, homeschooling these little ones, searching for healthy food in the local stores, smiling, laughing, watching farm videos and thinking, “Someday….”