Autumn Season

As a child, I was never particularly all that fond of fall. The weather was always rainy and dismal and it usually meant the days of being outside were coming to a quick end.

However, as an adult, I see it so much differently. Now I love it.

I love the leaves changing colors, hot apple cider, the clear crisp night sky. Ever notice how much clearer the night sky is in the fall than any other season? I love it! 🙂

The view from my porch in a past Autumn season

Our pumpkin harvest

This year, I grew pumpkins with the kids for the first time. We were really excited to get a few off our 4 plants. 🙂 I roasted them and put them in the freezer. I can already taste the pumpkin pie and pumpkin muffins.

How about you? What do you love most about the Autumn season?

Have you always liked it?

SheriPermalink

6 Responses to Autumn Season

1. Sue Eleazer says:

The smell of apple butter cooking in the crock, prepping the garden or spring, looking at all we harvested and put up for the winter, and walking in the woods

I used to suffer from intense wander lust every fall, this has passed now. I enjoy the crisp mornings and the break from the intense Florida Summer heat. Planning and working the fall garden is renewing. I am very fond of winter veggies and now that we are eating seasonally from our own garden and other local sources we don’t eat Broccoli in July and August. I miss my cruciferous veggies all summer so they are special when they are available again.

• Vivian says:

We have harsh Winters, but my goal this year is to create a Winter garden (well, at least a late fall garden and a early Spring garden).

3. Cyndi Lewis says:

Fall is my least favorite season if I have to rank them. But that doesn’t mean I don’t like it. Pretty colors, crisp weather and the anticipation of SNOW! (Winter is my fave!) Here in Michigan we get all four seasons. I have lived other places that either didn’t get seasons or only somewhat. I find that I appreciate each one now and am thankful for God’s wisdom in ordering creation in that way.

4. daisyglitters says:

Oh Sheri, I am with you. Fall was the worst for me, too, because it was the death of summer and the transition into the worst thing imaginable – winter. Fall was the gateway to all things horrible for me. I’m trying to enjoy it more this year, though. I’m also in Michigan so I’m impressed with the previous commenter. 🙂 I am always freezing cold so I spend summer afternoons sitting outside in full sun over radiating cement. (Not to get a tan, just to get warm.) The best part of fall is here, though – Michigan State football! 🙂

5. Vivian says:

I have to say Fall is always sad to me. I live for Spring and Summer. Winters here are very cold and lots of snow. But Fall is also the reward for a great Spring and Summer. It is the time of harvest. I love to put away as much food as my two little hands can muster. Beautiful bottles of every color in the rainbow lined up in rows along my pantry. This is security to me.