Here is a simple, tasty recipe for a Sunday brunch, a potluck or just because 🙂 This is one of my favorite cake recipes because I don’t have a huge sweet tooth, but do like something sweet every once in a while. I did use a pie plate, as I did not have a tube pan on hand. And I’ve also doubled the recipe before and used a 9″x13″ baking pan.
3 eggs; 1/2 c. butter, softened; 1/2 c. sugar; 1 t. lemon zest; 1 c. flour; 1/2 t. baking powder; 1 1/4 c. plums, pitted and sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease and flour one 9 inch tube pan. Separate the eggs.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the egg yolks and lemon zest. Stir together the flour and baking powder and then beat the flour mixture into the creamed mixture. Gently fold in the egg whites.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan. There will only be a little over an inch of batter. Arrange the plums, skin side down, attractively over the batter.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until cake tests done. Allow to cool before serving.
Hope you enjoy 🙂