What are you doing today?

Daniel & I during last week’s seminar

Time has got me around the neck and squeezing hard so this post is going to be SHORT 🙂

We’re getting ready for our Polyface Intensive Discovery Seminars taking place next Monday/Tuesday and Friday/Saturday. So, I’m going to be busy in the kitchen helping with the baking.

My goal today is to make and bake 36 dozen cookies and 16 loaves of bread. See, I told you I was being squeezed! 🙂

I hope your day is a little less hectic.

What are you up to today?

SheriPermalink

13 Responses to What are you doing today?

1. North of Seattle I am watching (and listening to) the rain thunder down, wondering why I didn’t mow yesterday. Baking cookies and bread sounds like a good idea……but not on the scale you are planning. Maybe one loaf and a pan of cinnamon rolls.

2. Don M says:

I’m currently Drinking a cup of green tea, then its off to milk the goats, process 9 old layer hens and one meat rabbit.
    Here in the Bangor, Maine area…..Just Another day in paradise!

3. Sheri J says:

Today I am doing internet research looking for organic food sources for my family. I am a healthy eating nut and am truly enjoying my backyard gardening this year – we have had lots of rain this week. I am excited to find so many great sites to learn more about clean eating and support for what seems like a novel notion that eating healthy is good for you. Have a great weekend everyone.

4. Eric Samuelson says:

Driving a desk. Dreaming of a day when it is not so.

5. Jam making here today, and it’s drizzling outside, so it’s a good day for kitchen work. That’s a lovely picture of the pair of you…bet there aren’t a lot of moments this time of year, where you can be together in a moment of calm like that!

Processed 3 chickens this morning, rounded up an escaped tortoise (the one african tortoise we had became three this week when we took two more in, the largest of which is over 100 lbs), dealt with a large limb that came down on the roof, then focussed on homework for a few hours, need to get some housework done, do the evening feeding chores and start dinner. No sign of Hubby yet, they must be working late today 🙁

• Sheri Salatin says:

Wow, that is awesome. I’ve never seen an African tortoise. Don’t they live a really long time?

7. stephanielynn says:

Man you are busy. I have some baking to do but not on that scale. 🙂 I only have 6 dozen cupcakes & 10 dozen chocolates to make. Happy baking!

8. Annie says:

Canning cherries and ham…not together, mind you. I needed the freezer space for chickens so the ham had to go, it’s been 4 meals and now it’s 9 pints of delicious-ness in my pressure canner. The bone and broth will be bean soup tomorrow while we’re butchering the last of this batch of broilers. I’ve got 14 quarts of cherries ready to waterbath, just waiting for the canner to boil. We’ll deliver some chickens tonight, milk the goat, gather the eggs and try to cool off.

9. Kim Kesten says:

Hi Sheri! As I read your post today, I was so excited. My husband, David and our 12 yr. old son Remi(the oldest of 8):-) will be there for the Mon/Tues event!!! They have dreamed of coming to your farm for a very long time! They are traveling all the way from Missouri and I was happy to see you all are taking good care of them.:-) Cookies and homemade bread will make them feel right at home! Thank you for all you are doing there. When the kitchens hot and the kids are going crazy because you are just trying to keep up with it all, remember that you are being a huge blessing to others who are so far away from their families this week.:-) Thanks and God bless you! Kim

• Sheri Salatin says:

Hi Kim,
      Just getting around to reading all of the comments. My boys loved Remington. 🙂 Great meeting both your hubby and son. Hope to get to meet you one day as well. 🙂 Thanks for stopping by!