The Raw Shake

That’s what he’s dubbed it…”The Raw Shake”. I’m not quite sure why or how he came up with this concoction, and I’m sure he’s not the first to do it, but it’s been his drink of choice for the past two weeks.

Buddy insists that it’s delicious, but I have yet to try it…and I’m okay if I never do. I’m big on texture and consistency and a “shake” that includes raw eggs just isn’t my thing. Call me crazy, but I’m more in the my-shake-better-have-chocolate-in-it school of thought.

But love it or hate it, here it is…the non-chocolaty, very raw, Raw Shake…

• 3 raw (farm fresh) eggs
  • topped off with whole milk (preferably raw to keep with the theme 😉 )
  • dash of raw honey or sugar for sweetness
  • stir well and consume

Drink at your own risk…and I would NOT recommend using any sort of questionable raw ingredients for this one…

About Jill Powers

Jill Powers
JillPermalink

16 Responses to The Raw Shake

1. Amy Swiney says:

I put a raw egg in my protein shakes, but I’m not much of a milk drinker so I’m not too sure about this one! 🙂 I’d try it though.

• CJM says:

In Australia we call it an “egg flip” but usually only have one egg, milk, little bit of sugar and vanilla essence, absolutely magic, not met anyone that doesn’t love it.

2. Ewetoo says:

Add a dash of nutmeg and a little vanilla and you have egg nog!!! Yummm. 🙂

3. Ann says:

Add a little vanilla and put in a blender to really mix in the egg so there is no weird stringiness to the egg and it is GREAT. Tastes like a milk shake. Or take homemade raw icecream and add it and it IS a vanilla shake. This is a great drink before bed to keep blood sugar even all night for a good night sleep.

4. Eric says:

I just love the eww factor. Makes me want to share this with my food police minded friends who think food inherently has bugs. Healthy animals make healthy food!! At what point will we start sending FDA agents after breast milk….it’s raw!?

5. Grace Hernandez says:

I like to add our homemade yogurt, frozen banana or fresh local fruit in season, coconut milk, raw unfiltered coconut oil, cocoa powder, and 2 ice cubes!

6. Rachel says:

Looks delicious to me! And I think Grace’s version sounds like something to try, and soon! (If only raw milk were easier to get here in VA…)

7. Dawn says:

This is really just eggnog…

8. EllaJac says:

I use a blender, and include a frozen (but raw!) banana, a tablespoon of cocoa (chocolate!), a big blob of peanut butter and a dash of vanilla. I was putting an egg in it for a while, but I’ve gotten out of the habit. Now that we’re drowning in springtime eggs, maybe I’ll start again!

9. Sarah Emily says:

When I first saw this, I was like, “YUCK,” but then my sister and I had to try it. We didn’t have any raw h0ney, so we used evaporated cane juice. Oh my! It was good! I think I know my new favorite fast breakfast!
    Thanks for sharing!

10. I used to love homemade eggnog, before I ever heard of Salmonella.

One of these days I’d like to try it using pasteurized eggs. But I have to be in the right mood for eggnog.

11. Ann says:

Curious why a comment I made appeared and then disappeared. Did you think I said something wrong about the raw shake blog or is it something that just happens sometimes?

12. Ann says:

I’m sorry, when I went back up, now it says that it is awaiting moderation.

• Sheri Salatin says:

Hey Ann,
      You’d be amazed at the number of comments we get that are nothing but spam. We have the site set to filter out all comment the first time that someone posts. From there we determine if you are an actual person or just a computer randomly generating replies. Once we hit “accept”, your comments will post immediately from that point forward. Thanks for stopping by! We hope you come back to visit often!!

13. It’s perfect time to make a few plans for the future and it’s time to be happy. I have read this put up and if I could I want to counsel you few interesting things or suggestions. Maybe you can write next articles referring to this article. I wish to learn even more things approximately it!