One Year Later | Monday Montage

Today, Monday April 30th, marks our one year wedding anniversary! It really has been the greatest year and we’ve learned so much!

Marriage is such a gift and although it’s not always easy, it really is a blessing!

Here’s a montage of our wedding day, exactly one year ago!!

(all images by: Katelyn James Photography)

How long have you been married?!!

About Jill Powers

Jill Powers
JillPermalink

18 Responses to One Year Later | Monday Montage

1. Sally says:

My Tom and I have been married 48 years as of April 25. We have 5 children 18 grandchildren and 1 great grandchild. We are getting ready to start a new career this year. Tom is finally seriously thinking about retiring. He is only 72 and in good health. We will move back to his family’s old home place. He will help to fix up the old house while I will be cheerfully gardening, making chicken tractors and houses, and adding chickens and ducks. I will probably be teaching art as well. Life is good.

2. Marie Keefe says:

The sweetest wedding pictures ever! Thanks for sharing. My sweetheart and I have been married 32-plus years. My wish is that you two have many more.

3. Marci says:

Michael and I have been married for 33 years as of April 7th. He is my best friend and the love of my life. I was truly blessed the day we married!!

Loved your pictures!

4. Dayna says:

These are really some of the best wedding photos that I’ve ever seen! It’s wonderful that you had the vision for the wedding and photographs as they are truly amazing!!

5. Sam says:

Gorgeous wedding photos, I just love your dress! Looks like you had a gorgeous country wedding. My husband and I will be married for 8 yrs on May 15th. We have three wonderful kids together and we are currently looking for our own bit of country paradise 🙂
    Congrats on your one year anniversary 🙂

6. It will be 5 years in July! We aren’t perfect, but we’re perfect for each other. As my husband says, “There is no one I’d rather argue with than you!” 🙂

7. Heather Szklarski says:

Dave and I have been married for 5 years this coming july! It’s sometimes tough but we are on such a wonderful adventure, much like yours…Congratulations!

8. Melissa says:

Your pictures are lovely. What a memory. My husband Dennis and I have been married 8 years as of April 24th. Every garden needs tending so does a good marriage. I wouldn’t choose anyone else to spend the rest of my life with. He is the greatest Dad a good partner in our life long dream of farming. I wish you many more happy years.

9. Dawn says:

Beautiful pictures! Happy Anniversary – just the first in a lifetime! Hope you enjoyed your day.

10. Stephanie says:

Oh, happy anniversary! I just love your pictures.
    My husband and I have been married 15 years. We have seven kids and a hectic, crazy, wonderful life.

11. tracy says:

What lovely pictures. Tim and I have been married 19 years in June but it still feels like it only happened yesterday.

12. It’s wonderful to see the institution of marriage as still having value for many folks. There appears to be an attack on the clean wholesomeness of just what marriage and family is today. Over here in Sweden they have a word/term called “Sambo”. We always just called it “Shacking Up” in the old days. It’s a reference for couples who reject the institution of marriage and chose to live together and possibly have children in this arrangement(very very common here) . It often doesn’t last and it’s the children who suffer, but nevertheless this culture believes it’s the more modern enlightened version of all that is Secular and that should be replicated around the world.

Sadly, there use to be a statistical quote saying that the average Swedish family had 3.2 children per family. Now the saying is joked about in that they say now there are 3.2 parents for every child. Many Swedish children have multiple parents and partner mates and if they break up, those Ex-Sambo partners sue for the right to visit the child. This could almost fit into a PART TWO of “Folks, This Ain’t Normal”

Congradulations and I hope things continue to go well with you two.

• Wendell47 says:

Timeless Environments; the infomation about Sweden you share is interesting. It is not that different here in the US, as it is not uncommon for many to also, “shack up” as a lifestyle. I agree with you, it is nice to see Marriage alive and well when it does take place. I have been married to my wife 34 years, and enjoy our 3 children and 4 grandchildren. Interested in Sweden, my Grandfather immigrated to the US from Sweden.
      thanks Wendell

13. Deanna says:

My husband and I have been married for 24 years!

Congratulations on your anniversary! Continue to love and forgive one another, be each others best friend!

May you have many, many more years together!

Deanna

14. Mrs H says:

Beautiful wedding pictures!!! In just a few days we will achieve three days of wonderful marriage together. Everything (girl, I mean everything) gets better and better!!

15. Sheri Salatin says:

Happy Anniversary!! Love you guys and the pics. 🙂

16. Carrie says:

That is cute!

17. audio design says:

We always called it “Shacking Up” in the old days. It’s a reference for couples who reject the institution of marriage and decided to live together and possibly have young people in this arrangement. It sometimes doesn’t last and it’s the minors who suffer, but nevertheless this culture believes it’s the more modern enlightened version of all that is Secular…