Snow!

snow in march_087

Is it just me, or has this winter’s weather been crazy?! Here in Virginia we’ve had a fairly mild winter with barely any snow…SOOO, leave it to the month of March to produce several inches here in the Valley!

I must also note that Thursday temperature is forecasted to be close to 70!

Anyone else having crazy weather this winter??

Happy Monday!

About Jill Powers

Jill Powers
JillPermalink

9 Responses to Snow!

1. Amy Swiney says:

We are having crazy weather in Missouri too. This morning it was 20′, high today is supposed to be in the 40s, and tomorrow it’s supposed to be 70′. Yesterday we had thunderstorms and rain/snow.

2. Diana says:

Oh yes! We have had crazier than normal weather here on the plains of Colorado. Very dry most of the fall/winter (normal) and now it is snowing 3 times a week! We are different here than the CO mountains – it rarely snows this much here! And now the warmer weather is trying to come in so it is crazy-windy, with temps swinging wildly from overnight lows in the teens to spring-like daytime highs in the 70s! Wow 🙂

3. Sandy Sutter says:

We’ve had an exceptionally warm winter as well here in Southern Illinois. Our livestock & us have loved it! The snow is beautiful and the thing I’ve always loved about March snows is they don’t last! 🙂 Have you all moved your hens out to pasture yet?

4. Kate says:

SW Wisconsin has had a similar mild winter, with barely any snow and these first couple of days of March did bring some more snow that is almost gone, with temperatures predicted to be in the 40-50’s for the rest of the week!

5. Joe Bergfeld says:

Like Amy, I’m in Missouri too. I thought I was seeing things Saturday when I saw snow flurries. We’ve had an extremely mild winter. I am a warm weather guy so I’ll trade any cold day for a warm day. I’m loving it. My worms are loving it too. I rolled the dice this year and left them in insulated containers outside over the winter. I normally move them into shelters. They are thriving, reproducing, and making Black Gold. Love it!

6. Melissa says:

I live in northern New York state a 1/2 mile from the US/ Canadian border. Our weather has been super mild with very little snow. We have gotten about 12″ of snow over the last two weeks but in that time we have had three days in the mid 40’s and all except today above freezing. It was 2F this morning and we are only expected to get to the mid teens today. The mild weather has made it easier taking care of our animals. With every passing day we are one closer to spring.

7. rebecca huff says:

We hardly had any winter weather here in Florida, this year! We only got frost 2 times! It wasn’t even cool til mid January and was 88 on Friday, but last night it was 37! With a high today of 70! It’s no wonder we get sick in the winter– the temperature fluctuations are intense! I think that is what contributed to our losing a couple extra of our meat chicks recently— 🙁

8. Jill says:

Yes, strange winter here in Michigan too, although we’re used to it…Michigan’s informal motto is “Don’t like the weather? Just wait 10 minutes and it’ll change!” 🙂

9. We fortunately didn’t have much snow this year here in Göteborg. The past couple of years we had plenty, in fact way too much. Unfortunately we have alot of rain and just down right wet with cold. Gardening is a challenge as not many of my traditional favourites will grow here. At best you get four months for vegetable gardening as compared to year round in San Diego.