Just a Little Bit

We got a light dusting of snow today at the farm, but we still haven’t had any significant blanketing. I thought I’d post some pictures of last year’s winter wonderland for you…meanwhile, what is your winter looking like today?

About Brie Aronson

Brie Aronson came to Polyface from southern California. During college, she was diagnosed with food allergies and had to begin asking about the source of every single thing she put in her mouth. This led to an interest in all things food and she sought out a way to learn how it can be produced ethically and sustainably. Her desire is to help people shift their focus from counting calories, being intimidated by their kitchens, and being disconnected from the land to one that experiences the life-giving enjoyment of food. Having completed the internship in summer 2010, she now assists with the buying clubs and sales building, leads school tours of the farm, and will be the summer 2012 farm cook.
BriePermalink

10 Responses to Just a Little Bit

1. Shari Miller says:

Our’s is looking like Spring 🙁 I want winter.

2. sheila Mayberry says:

Supposed to be 54 today and I’m lovin it. So much easier to take care of the animals when I dont have to wade through knee high snow (bit of an exaggeration) and cold biting winds. Though I think it may be confusing my chickens. I have 2 broodies right now.

3. Shawna Barr says:

We are in FAR Northern CA (almost Oregon) at 3500 feet. It’s usually a little Siberia here, and we’ve had high 50s, low 60s for what seems like weeks. It’s lovely, but we’re ready for some skiing…and some water please.

4. Shrader says:

I hope it snows when I get there next week! Right now I’m in Los Angeles and it’s sunny and 70, as ever. LA only has one season.

5. Caitlyn M. says:

No snow here in OR yet… [sigh] 🙁 In my area, we basically have a perpetual spring: no heat, but no cold either. It’s just cool and wet year around. Phooey.

6. Jerry M. says:

Riverside California and its going to be mid 70’s again today. Certainly cant complain about that. 🙂 We got sunshine but no Polyface farm.:(

7. Doug Shudde says:

Beautiful day here in South Texas. 70 degrees and sunshind. As usual, we could use some rain.

8. Sabine says:

Greetings from Calgary, Canada. A balmy – 13. The snow that fell 2 days ago is already gone. This just isn’t natural. Winters and Summers seem to start later. Soon we’ll be in sync with the Southern hemisphere.

Cheers.

9. Stephanie says:

Winter is skipping northwest Florida this year. We’ve been in the 70s almost continuously since November, with only a few chilly as in the 50s when fronts come through. But hey, last year was a banner year for most of the country with snow and cold, so I guess this year we get a break.

10. Matt says:

It’s -38 with the wind chill in Inuvik, Canada. At least the sun is back, rising today at 12:46pm, setting at 3:27pm. Lots and lots of snow!