Farm fresh eggs…

Polyface eggs truly are the best eggs. There have been articles written about our eggs. Many a chef has mentioned how yummy our eggs are in their blogs, on their menus, etc. You just can’t beat a farm fresh egg. The yolks are bright orange, they taste better and are much healthier than anything you will find in he grocery store and if you ever have the chance to actually GATHER them yourself you will be addicted for life. I would work for Polyface for free if they would let me gather the eggs every day! ha! Don’t tell Joel!

Below is an article written about the nutritional value of our eggs!  The Study was conducted by The Mother Earth News Magazine at a lab in Seattle and was publicized Oct/Nov 2007 in the magazine.
The below compares Polyface Eggs with the USDA standard egg:

Omega-3s: 0.71 g
USDA omega-3s: 0.033g

Cholesterol: 292 mg
USDA cholesterol: 423 mg

Saturated Fat: 2.31 g
USDA saturated fat: 3.1 g

Amazing? Yeah, we think so too. This shows what happens when you let the animals express themselves and raise them the way the Creator intended. I’m sure you have heard (or will hear) Joel talk about the “chickeness of a chicken” or the “pigness of a pig”. Here’s scientific proof that it is not only healthier for the animals but for us as well!

A quick testimonial – when I was pregnant with Lauryn last year, I was having a really hard time keeping pre-natal vitamins down. I was just too sick and they just seemed to add to the troubles. I took a copy of this article to my doctor. She looked at it and said, “Throw the vitamins in the trash and eat the eggs! This is abolutely amazing! Where can I buy them?”

About Wendy Gray

Born and raised in Staunton, Wendy left small town life for college in Richmond only to return to back to her cherished hometown. She's been working for Polyface since February 2008 helping with PR and marketing, running the farm store, helping Joel with his busy schedule, bugging Daniel and making restaurant calls!
UntaggedPermalink

10 Responses to Farm fresh eggs…

1. Susan says:

Keep this type of article coming!!!! Thanks so much.

2. Alison says:

Love the facts! And I can now personally attest to their yumminess. :)

3. B. Geflügel says:

First two things I noticed with our pastured eggs is 1) the yolk color, of course, but 2) also the silkiness as scrambled eggs instead of rubberierness with industrial. It’s as if the ratio of fats and proteins are so different, it shows in texture. Fabulous.

4. Stephanie says:

I have bookmarked this as proof when the naysayers naysay.

5. PeterPansDad says:

I appreciate this post. I was not aware of article in Mother Earth News and it’s nice to have …validation? Verification? Vindication?

6. Kari says:

That must be why the yolks are so golden~ Great facts and definitely better than prenatal vitamins! Thank you for this excellent post. ~Kari

7. eva vanvactor says:

How do you clean your eggs and do you refridge right away

8. Tammy says:

We have a small farm in southwest Missouri. We read Joel’s books years ago and looked forward to moving to the country to try things out which we were able to do thirteen years ago. We have developed a small customer base. We have read that you use three different breeds for your laying hens switching each year. If I recall, Barred Rocks and Rhode Island Reds are two of the breeds. I was wondering if you would mind sharing what the third breed is. We have the latter two and are planning to get a third breed this year. It is so hard to choose based on the varying descriptions of many of the breeds online. Whose right? I’d rather get the advice from someone who pioneered the way we are raising our birds. Thanks.

9. EllaJac says:

I’ve printed off some of this for my (three) egg customers… :)

I’ve had questions as to the folate – REALLY? over 10,000 compared to 47? I’ve clicked through to the article, but nothing there referenced folate. Could this be a typo, or is that really the amount? Where might I find that test?

Thank you!!