Folks, This Ain’t Normal

Well, it’s time. Almost! The long waited for, much anticipated, newest written piece of work by Joel Salatin. FOLKS, THIS AIN’T NORMAL

Yippee! πŸ™‚ We here are at Polyface are super excited about this new book of Joel’s and you know what? None of us have gotten to read it yet either.

I was able to snatch a few chapters off the desk at Christmas (shh, don’t tell), but that is pretty much it. Believe me the manuscript sitting there beautifully stacked up nice and neat with each chapter paper clipped together was quite the temptation. Sort of like putting candy at eye level for a toddler. But alas, I resisted and decided to wait just like all the rest of the world.

The book releases Monday from the publishers so I’m hoping that means that we all have a copy in hand by the end of the week.

Here at the Hen House, we’ll be talking about this book all through the fall season and into December. Will you join us?

This book is the first one that Joel has not self published so it will be available in hardback, e-book, and audio – read by Joel himself. πŸ™‚

You can read more about this book by visiting the webpage that Hachette Publishers made for it.

You might also like this home-done video by Cathy Raymond from the Farm To Consumer Legal Defense Fund at the fundraiser dinner they had here at Polyface last month.

Your Turn to Share: Have you purchased your copy of this book yet? Are you planning to?

Folks This Ain't Normal, SheriPermalink

17 Responses to Folks, This Ain’t Normal

1. MJ says:

Just ordered it through Amazon. Saw Joel speak in Buffalo last Spring. He is an inspiration!

2. Grace says:

Really look forward to reading this! Love the video.

3. Marci says:

I pre-ordered through Amazon I think and my book came on Monday of this week. I feel priviledged now. πŸ™‚

4. Amy says:

I pre-ordered through Amazon and also received my book at the end of last week. I’m up to chapter 6 and loving every word of it!

5. Helen aka farmwife says:

Book is on list for next Amazon purchase. Going to library today to check out ‘Last Child in the Woods’.

6. Ken H says:

Having Joel read the audio version will be such a extra treat. I can’t get enough of him! Can’t wait to start talking about it with everyone.

7. Lynn P says:

Ooooooh, I really want one! Guess I’m gonna have to get one!

8. Yes, I pre-ordered too, and am reading chapters between canner loads of vegetables. Excellent! Good reading even for the choir. Joel never disappoints!

9. Brian says:

Great job Joel, Extremely inspiring!

10. Annie Carlson says:

Bought it for my husband’s birthday which is in a month. I hid the unopened under my side of the bed so that I’m not tempted to read it until he can. It’s so hard, I’m not known for my patience!

11. I managed to get a copy from amazon marketplace and it arrived yesterday. My husband has snaffled it, so I can’t comment yet. But, he is reading it every time he has a spare moment, and all I get from him is a chuckle now and then or the phrase “Joel’s good!”

All the best with it

12. Ellen Paulson says:

This book is my number one gift request on my Christmas Wish List!!! Only I’m asking for it EARLY!!! I would love to be a part of any discussion group you may start….keep us posted?
    Thanks for the ‘gospel’ you preach. I’m confident our Lord is smiling on you.

13. michael says:

read the book and it amounts to a rehash of his video information. when he says he is a christian libertarian capitalist lunatic farmer the word that vibrates is capitalist for sure.

14. simplyme says:

I just recieved it as a birthday present from my brother and sister-in-law. Love it–especially the action items at the ends of the chapters.

15. Lisa says:

I adore this book! I am halfway thru and am soaking in every word. Love it so much I did a book review and promotion on my blog … http://grandmamadoesit.blogspot.com/. Thank you so much, Joel Salatin, for writing this book and living the normal life!

Lisa

16. Stacey Smith says:

I purchased as soon as I could, and I’ve just started reading it! I’m reading it on my Kindle, though, which made me feel a little guilty when I read in the book about how folks are so preoccupied by electronic devices πŸ™‚

17. Sheryl Lebman says:

Just bought this for myself for Christmas. Can’t wait.