You Can Farm…in Crocs | Monday Montage

In an effort to not blaspheme the title of one of Joel’s books, let me explain myself….

I know they’re not deemed the most fashionable footwear around, maybe not even the most practical, but there’s no denying that they are comfortable.  (Gosh, even typing those words makes me sound like my mom)

It feels like just yesterday that I would walk out of the house with heels and hear, “how in the world do you walk in those, they’re not even comfortable”. To which I would reply, “Mom, comfort doesn’t matter!”

Well, I think it’s safe to say that I might just be over that stage in life and on to a more practical, convenient, “Croc” stage of life. And I’m okay with that.

This summer, Buddy and I have noticed that we find ourselves in Crocs quite often. They’re not great for all farm chores, but if they end up getting dirty, you just hose them off and they’re clean again–gotta love that! And although we don’t wear Crocs everyday, we usually don this footwear on Sundays and like to think of  them as our “day of rest” shoe of choice. (I could probably make a joke about them being “holy” but I’ll refrain)

So, the moral of this story is: sometimes it’s okay to break free from the confines of Muck boots, wellies, and the “typical” farm footwear and put on something a little more comfortable, like Crocs…because you CAN farm in Crocs!

And in case you are wondering, I was not paid to promote any Crocs products….but, Crocs, if you happen to stumble upon this blog post, I wouldn’t mind if you sent some free gear my way! 🙂

About Jill Powers

Jill Powers
JillPermalink

11 Responses to You Can Farm…in Crocs | Monday Montage

1. Sheri Salatin says:

Jill, you crack me up. Daniel wouldn’t be caught dead in a pair of these!! Haha! I’ve never actually owned a pair, but I think they would be great for working in the garden. :p

2. Sarah Van Leeuwen says:

They’re awesome for working around the yard & garden! Easy on, easy off! Although, turning compost isn’t always the best job to do in them…..

3. Once you try them (regardless of what they look like)… you are hooked. I was.. and I swore I wouldn’t where them out and can’t take them off!

4. Marci says:

I too farm in Crocs. The only time I get into trouble is when my feet get wet in the Crocs. Then I feel like I am ice skating in my own shoes. I do have muck boots for some jobs though.

5. greg says:

We used to farm in crocks ’till we discovered fencing wire goes right through ’em. Serious ouch. Back to the big black mucking boots again at the ranch. Our crocks sit on the front and back porch now for trips into the garden!

6. Yes, I love me some crocs! 😉 Seriously the best shoes for working outside here in Georgia, because they are cooler(as in not hot) than muck boots. I have, however, had the misfortune of stepping in some really wet cow muck while wearing them. But like you said, they clean easily enough and I guess my feet do too.

7. Also, your photos are gorgeous!

8. Hello – In Spring and Summer I farm in crocs, and in Autumn and Winter I farm in wellies – simple. They are the two most perfect forms of footwear invented
    Love your montage 🙂

9. carrie says:

We love our Crocs up here in New York too!! This time of year we begin to do the “Crocs with Socks” attire! They are also the best for toddlers with lil’ chubby feet!

10. Kimberly Rak says:

My son and I live in crocs and dread having to put on boots or sneakers 🙂 They really are the most comfortable versatile shoe I have found. Especially for my son who seems to have very wide feet and I can never find him a shoe that doesn’t rub or pinch.And down here in the the southern part of south Carolina I can wear them year round.

11. HomesteadArtisa says:

We love them here on the Homestead, too, but I have found them a bit dangerous for me to wear on wet grass. So slippery! But for anything or any other time, they are comfy and so quick and easy to slip on and run out (careful crossing the grassy areas or the muddy areas!) to gather eggs, pick a few herbs or veggies for the oncoming meal.