Submitted by Serena Hicks (Richmond Buying Club)
1 3.5 lb roast, trimmed (I actually used brisket)
1-2 TBSP olive oil
2 medium onions, chopped
1/4 c stone ground mustard
1 TBSP caraway seeds
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 12oz bottle Guinness or other stout beer
1/3 c. flour
4 c. hot cooked egg noodles
- Put onions in the bottom of slow cooker/crock pot.
- Brown roast on all sides in oil. remove to slow cooker.
- Combine mustard, caraway, salt, pepper and beer in a bowl. mix well. pour over roast.
- Cover with lid; cook on high heat for 1 hour, reduce heat to low and cook 8-10 hours until roast is tender.
- Remove roast and onion from slow cooker. pour remaining liquid into large skillet. use the flour to make a slurry with about 1/2 c of the liquid. Add the slurry to the skillet and stir over medium-medium high heat until gravy thickens.
- Serve roast over egg noodles and pour gravy over both.