Polyface Eggs really are the best!

For those of you who have recently joined the buying clubs, you might not have seen this study done on Polyface eggs. The Study was conducted by The Mother Earth News Magazine at a lab in Seattle and was publicized Oct/Nov 2007 in the magazine.

The below compares Polyface Eggs with the USDA standard egg:

Omega-3s: 0.71 g
USDA omega-3s: 0.033g

Cholesterol: 292 mg
USDA cholesterol: 423 mg

Saturated Fat: 2.31 g
USDA saturated fat: 3.1 g

Amazing? Yeah, we think so too. This shows what happens when you let the animals express themselves and raise them the way the Creator intended. I’m sure you have heard (or will hear) Joel talk about the “chickeness of a chicken” or the “pigness of a pig”. Here’s scientific proof that it is not only healthier for the animals but for us as well!

A quick testimonial – when I was pregnant with Lauryn last year, I was having a really hard time keeping pre-natal vitamins down. I was just too sick and they just seemed to add to the troubles. I took a copy of this article to my doctor. She looked at it and said, “Throw the vitamins in the trash and eat the eggs! This is abolutely amazing! Where can I buy them?”

What do you think?

Uncategorized, , Permalink

8 Responses to Polyface Eggs really are the best!

1. Going Crunchy says:

Very interesting!

2. Arvel Harris says:

I would like to order detailed plans on constructing an eggmobile. I have enjoyed reading many of your books but from pictures I see I would like a better discription. I only want to accomodate from 50 to 100 Hens.
    Arvel Harris
    107 Bent Tree
    Palestine, Texas

• Sheri Salatin says:

Hi Arvel,
      I’m sorry, but we do not have detailed plans for an egg mobile. We recommend that you build whatever model would suit you and your flock the best. Our is simply an example of something that could be done and what works best for our land here at Polyface.

3. Michael says:

How do you get your eggs tested? We raise chickens similar to you and I would like to get them tested (if not too expensive!)

4. Bruce Guidosh says:

Sheri!
    After reading “Folks! This Ain’t Normal” I’ve been reading everything Joel has written! At 57 (and being raised on a small chemically food grown farm) I agree with the Polyface philosophy, of lettin the animals do their thing and eat what they were meant to! My 6 hens produce the BEST eggs I know! Keep up the good fight for natural , local foods!

5. David Fl says:

Thanks for this! This is such a great source! My parents are always concerned that we eat eggs on a daily basis… they got brainwashed in the ’80s about the evils of eggs and cholesterol.

Do you guys ever sell chicks/pullets? I have a backyard flock here in Williamsburg and I am looking to add a few more.

6. Katie says:

Wow, as a pregnant farmer with hyperemesis (like, I’m gonna die from constant morning sickness 😉 I was just hoping that all our good food (including our eggs) that I managed to keep down was doing the job o the vitamins I can’t stomach!!! Great to hear! I guess we always knew this, of course!!! 😉

7. Leslie says:

I love this! I’m digging through Pastured Poultry Profit$ now looking for tips on getting the best eggs from a small flock. Chickens are my first step toward re-integrating my family farm. I could gather the gorgeous eggs all day. But I have SO many questions!