The first hatch of the season is in full swing here at Greenmont Farm. As Joel recently said in the spring newsletter, “Frustrated with the quality of hatchery chicks (small, fragile, stupid) several years ago Polyface embarked on a bold plan: saving healthy, productive older layers, mating them with select roosters, and hatching in-house pullets. … Read the Rest
Blog Authors are employed or involved with Polyface. However, posts will cover a large genre of topics. Statements, ideas and opinions may differ somewhat from practices, beliefs and vision of Polyface.
Heather enjoys gardening, farming, cooking, crocheting, embroidery, and being with family and friends.
Leanna enjoys farming, gardening, knitting, spinning, baking, and anything that has to do with the homesteading lifestyle.
Sheri enjoys family, reading, writing, baking, quilting, scrapbooking, knitting, gardening, canning, and is very active in her church.
Susan enjoys music, hiking, tending animals, gathering flowers and berries, fermenting, cooking, and making cheese.
Connecting Experience, Education and Enthusiasm in Farming.
- Bustling Farm Needs Eager Learners April 25, 2016
- Family Farm looking for an Intern April 22, 2016
- opportunity to start your farm April 21, 2016
- Organic "Sharecroppers" Sought. Long-term. Income Potential. Permaculture. April 20, 2016
- Intern for Stoney Creek Farm April 19, 2016
- Family Looking for an Opportunity April 11, 2016
Started Oct 3, 2011